Welcome to the new home of the CFFCM! Browse our pages and get to know the Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum. It’s all about fly fishing.

by Junior on October 1, 2010

{ 18 comments… read them below or add one }

ErinPhelan October 23, 2012 at 9:36 pm

How do you place an absentee bid to the CFFCM Arts of the Angler Auction? Glad you asked!
Auction items, with selected photos, will be listed on our Facebook Fan page – http://www.facebook.com/cffcm. Listing and photos will be updated regularly up until November 5th.
When you see something you would like to bid on, send us an email to flyfish@catskill.net or call 845-4394810 and we will send you the Absentee Bid Form.
Submitted bids will be treated as live bids by proxy bidder in the strictest of confidence. All absentee bids will begin with the second bid and advance accordingly to the highest advacnded bid or until the maximum bid is met. Should an opposing bidder get the last advanced bid meeting the maximum submitted bid, an advanced bid will be placed on behalf of the absentee bidder. (e.g. if you maximum bis is $100 and your opposing bidder has it, we will bid on your behalf to the next increment.) In the event an item does not meet a reserve price, the last highest bidder will have the first right of refusal. Absentee bidders with the last highest bid will be contacted Monday following the auction.

ErinPhelan November 2, 2012 at 6:54 pm

For a full listing of our Arts of the Angler Live Auction items, visit the Arts of the Angler Page under the Programs and Events tab. There you will find the latest updates on the show information, the Auction List and the Absentee Bid Form. Photos of the auction items are on our facebook fanpage http://www.facebook.com/cffcm

ErinPhelan November 7, 2012 at 2:59 pm

The Tenkara Evolution by Misako Ishimura 10AM Saturday Nov. 10th at the Arts of the Angler Show. Misako is responsible for bringing this 800 year old Japanese fishing technique to the USA and creating all the excitement around it. If you do not know what all the fulls is about, check in with Misako and see for yourself what Tenkara is about. This great presentation will repeat Sunday the 11th at 10AM.

John Merola November 12, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Great job Erin…my frends and I had a wonderful time both days. Yes, that was us with those rowdy outbursts of uncontrollable laughter.
John Merola, Crab Emeritus of the Nonexistent Chubb Clubb
“Illustro Per Everriculum”

Lisboa June 20, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Thank you Capt Wulff. I have really enjeyod reading your blog over these last few months. I have been equally entertained and educated by your articles. I had a very breif oppourtunity to meet you at Shoenbrunn last year. I look forward to meeting you again.YMHS,Adam Stevenson

John Merola November 12, 2012 at 4:11 pm

ooops didn’t have Bud edit my post…”friends”….LOL

ErinPhelan November 13, 2012 at 7:39 pm

John,
Thank you! This is a great team effort by our staff and volunteers. Thank you for the posts, other then myself you are the first to post on our blog. I now know why you did not see your comments. Once you write them, I have to go in and approve them before they are posted. The new website is a learning curve for me. Let me know what you think. Thanks for coming to the show and supporting the CFFCM.

Tony Lolli March 20, 2013 at 2:18 pm

What are the dates for the world famous CFFCM trip to the Rapid River?

ErinPhelan April 23, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Tony, They are September 16th through the 19th.

Jeff Phelan April 25, 2013 at 1:02 am

Hendrickson ! Get out now ! Need I say more !

Diane McC May 23, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Hi Erin, Love the new sight! What is the date for the Festival and the Hardy Cup Casting Tournament? I want to get the word out to people! Best, Diane

ErinPhelan July 3, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Hello Diane, Sorry for the late reply, I am just getting used to all of this! The Summerfest Anglers Market, Hardy Cup, Jubilee Weekend is August 3 & 4th. If you go to our Program and Events page there is a listing of all the details. Any other questions, give the Center a call 845-439-4810. Thanks for spreading the word.

ErinPhelan July 3, 2013 at 3:23 pm

The CFFCM hosted an amazing trip to the Flint Rainbow Club. If you missed it this year, make sure you make plans for next year! Our hosts, Pat Hughes and Park Smith (both Flint Rainbow and CFFCM members) treated our six guests to a wonderful few days of great food, great stories and great fishing! Our Facebook page has an album of the photos from the trip. Make sure you check our newsletter for the next time we will head to Michigan, you won’t want to miss it!

R. Michael Lake November 7, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Dear friends – I just moved to Connecticut and learned of your show in Danbury. While I will probably not make the show this year I would like to visit your center, however there is not address on the Home Page of this web site… It would be helpful to have all your contact info on the home page.

Mike

ErinPhelan December 2, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Hi Mike,
Welcome to the area. The center is located at 1031 Old Route 17 in Livingston Manor NY. The address is on our contact page.
Looking forward to seeing you at the Center.
Erin

Andy Boyar March 13, 2014 at 2:15 am

Hey, its March, 2014 with the worst winter almost in our backcast. Is anyone else excited about Opening Day. “To celebrate Opening Day on the Beaverkill is a little like observing Christmas in Bethlehem.”, or so wrote Red Smith. But for me, I want to be at FIRST CAST at CFFC&M on April 5th. And if it is chilly, there is always Agnes’ home made soup and a very good chance there will be a hatch, even if its just cookies. An early “safe season” to all.

Andy Boyar April 9, 2014 at 5:34 pm

First Cast Ceremony was nothing but “First Class”. Well done, CFFCM!

ErinPhelan September 17, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Hello,
I am not sure, I will have to get back to you on that.
Thanks